Product update: Beaconstac’s Eddystone dashboard gets a refresh!
Last Updated:  April 24, 2019
A complete guide to the new Beaconstac Eddystone dashboard
Last year, around this time we told how you could upgrade from iBeacon to Eddystone and send proximity-based messages to visitors via the Google Chrome app. Today, with lots of feedback and new ideas from you, we’re refreshing our Eddystone dashboard and making it feel lighter, faster, and easier to use.
So without further ado, let’s dig in and have a look around at what’s new on the dashboard.
1. A unified view of campaign performance, beacon behaviour and more
A key focus of this update has been to improve the way you access analytics related to your marketing campaigns and beacon performance. You can now browse through all the primary information, in a glance.
Every time you visit the dashboard, you are informed about –
Number of beacons in each state – active and inactive,
Best performing beacons,
Least performing beacons, and
A beautiful graphical summary of the campaign performance in a specific time frame: notifications sent, notifications clicked, and CTR
The look of the new dashboard
2. Easy icon upload for “Places”
You can now seamlessly drag and drop your logo from your desktop systems. This is the logo that will be used as the favicon for the card. We noticed that most of you had your logos saved on your desktops and each time uploading it to the cloud was only an additional step to creating your campaigns.
Easier drag and drop of icons to “Places”
3. Do more with “Markdown Cards” – faster and easier
Over 85% of our users are using markdown cards for notifying their target segment about offers and deals. With this new update, we have made it more flexible and much easier to use too.
It’s now ridiculously simple to insert an image to your card. You can pull in an image link from the web or directly upload it from your desktop or Dropbox.
Get a real-time preview of the card you are designing on your desktop and mobile device.
You can now override the default theme provided and go totally creative with your card by writing your CSS right there. We understand that it was a problem for you to upload a CSS file every time you decided to iterate on the card design. We think we have now solved that for you!
Create markdown cards faster and easier
4. A new approach to “Forms”
With the new Eddystone dashboard, we’ve made gathering data via surveys and lead forms as simple as a few clicks. Most significantly, you can create your own forms on the fly.
With the new Forms section, you can add questions to absolutely any type! We now support inputs as such – Short text, long text, multiple choice, yes or no, rating, opinion scale and much more.
Create your own survey Forms on Beaconstac
The earlier “Lead generation” and “Customer satisfaction” forms are now available by default as “Customer Relationship Form” and “Customer Satisfaction Survey”.
5. Presenting actionable analytics
We observed how important beacon and campaign analytics was for you, and that’s why we remoulded it to include data that is more actionable and easier to grasp.
1. To begin with, you get a sleek overview of the notifications, views and unique visitors. Following which are the top 5 performing beacons and the top 5 cards, according to notification and click counts. This information is helpful when you want to iterate on cards based on how well they are individually performing.
Top performing cards and beacons
2. Notifications: A cleaner visualization of notifications received by visitors at various places. You could also choose to compare the performance of beacons in multiple places, and directly export data as a CSV for further analysis.
Notifications received by visitors at various places
3. Click Through Rate (CTR): Track how notifications convert into clicks at various places. Yet again you can choose to compare the conversion (click through rate) of notifications at individual places or multiple places. CTR is a direct measurement of the success of your proximity campaign. It is indicative of the footfall and engagement rates that were experienced in the zone of a beacon.
Click Through Rate – how notifications convert into clicks at various places
4. Distribution: The distribution metrics represented as a pie chart helps you understand how various formats of content perform in different locations. It is an indication of whether or not a different format needs to be tested in certain areas. With this revamp, you can have three content formats primarily – Cards, Custom URLs and Forms.
Distribution – how various formats of content perform in different locations.
We’ve been speaking to lots and lots of you over the last few months while building the new Eddystone dashboard – thanks so much for all the amazing insights you’ve shared with us! We’re currently revamping the iBeacon dashboard and will be releasing that soon as well.
Stay tuned for more exciting updates to Beaconstac!
If you are looking to get started on a short pilot, head to our Beaconstac store page and invest in a set of beacons and our Premium subscription plan. You can have the campaigns up and running in less than 15 mins!
I am fascinated by tech-driven marketing. Love to read & write about entrepreneurship and tech-driven business strategies for B2B and B2C companies. Have b(e)acon and eggs for breakfast and always up for doughnuts!
While restaurants are eager to formulate a robust post-crisis plan, the evolving consumer behavior makes this hard to do. In this blog post, I talk about the expected change in consumer behavior and how restaurants can adapt to keep their doors open post-lockdown.