As the beacon market matures, we see a proportional maturity in its use-cases and the verticals it is entering. In 2017, we observed beacons move beyond retail storefronts and aisles, to being leveraged by real estate agents, service-based professionals and business owners at local meetups, huge expos, conferences.
To support these on-the-move applications, Beaconstac introduces keychain beacons to the hardware lineup. With this latest addition, Beaconstac stands strong as the first proximity marketing solution to support beacon campaigns on various beacon hardware.
Keychain beacons have a small form factor and can be easily attached to your keys, purse or even your pet’s collar – it’s approximately the size of a U.S. half dollar!
RECOMMENDED USE CASE
For event coordinators, volunteers and attendees
Beacons that go anywhere has stimulated the appetite of event marketers! These beacons are being carried around by volunteers and event managers to increase engagement and provide better visitor experience.
Beacons are leveraged to broadcast:
- Event schedules and happenings
- Interesting topics related to the event
- Routes to locations—seating sections, concession stands, ATM machines, restrooms, and wagering windows
- Ticket sales and promotions
- Menu for ordering food and drinks
In case of large conferences with company-specific booths, attendees are using these tiny beacons to
- Drive traffic to their booth
- Broadcast offers and product information
- Exchange digital business cards during networking sessions
For real estate agents
In recent months, real estate agents have been utilizing keychain beacons in interesting ways while they move around the city.
- Push business cards
- Aid property search with directions on Google maps
- Capture more leads with the tap-to-call feature
- Broadcast information about houses on sale in the vicinity
2017 saw a lot of powerful beacon use cases, and recruiting was definitely a favourite. Beacons were used at job fairs, military recruitments and college admissions. Prestigious universities such as the University of Bradford have leveraged full-size beacons for their admission process. However, it’s interesting how the mobility of beacons adds a powerful factor to the campaigns.
Keychain beacons are being used to –
- Push personalised information or services related to the faculty they are visiting
- Broadcast alerts about talks and schedules
- Capture applications using forms
- Push job-related documents
- Address FAQs about the process
A BEACON SO small, THAT IT IS A BIG DEAL!
The keychain beacon is tiny but is still a fully functional beacon. It offers the same functionalities and features found in full-size beacons packed in a much smaller form factor.
1. Lightweight and compact – Designed to be carried around
Keychain beacons weigh about 16gms and have a dimension of 42x31x11 mm, which almost the size of a coin! The specifications of this hardware make it apt for all on-the-move applications.
Keychain beacons come with accessories, such as neck string and keychain, which makes carrying it all the more stylish and easier.
2. Transmits up to 50m
The maximum transmitting range of keychain beacons is around 50 meters. However, this also depends on several external factors such as physical obstacles, the material the signals pass through etc. Out of the box, Beaconstac keychain transmits to a definite range of 25 meters.
With keychain beacons, one might have to sacrifice the transmission range for the mobility. If transmission range is a major factor for your use case, try out pocket beacons, which is a good combination of small form factor and higher transmitting range.
3. Eddystone and iBeacon compliant
The hardware infrastructure is equipped to support both proximity protocols – Eddystone and iBeacon. This means it’s helpful for both cases – when you have an app and when you don’t!
If you are looking to get started on a short pilot, head to our Beaconstac store page and invest in a set of pocket beacons and our Premium subscription plan. You can have the campaigns up and running in less than 15 mins!