Beaconstac Product Update: Introducing Image Customizations and Analytics Export
Last Updated: September 3, 2018
This month has been another big leap for us as we made some tweaks in Beaconstac to help you get the best of beacon technology.
We are continuously striving to solve your issues – some that you let us know through feedback and some that we feel can help you make the most of the product.
From making it easy to upload and customize pictures straight from your mobile device to getting a solid grip on the analytics, this month is all about making your beacon experience even better.
Update #1: Image Customization
A lot of our customers had an issue with uploading images from their mobile device because they would either get rotated or would have to first edit the picture in another app and then upload the image.
Here’s a classic case:
This is an image of a foosball table that was taken from a mobile device.
Here’s how it looks without cropping:
As you can see, there are many details in the picture that could have been done away with.
Let’s see what we can do with the new features
Here’s what the preview looks like with the image cropped and flipped horizontally
Now, you can fine-tune the image on your markdown card. We’ve introduced 3 new features- crop, flip and rotate- to customize the image you upload.
Why did we add these features?
You can take an image on your mobile device and play around with the settings on the Beaconstac dashboard. Crop out the part you do not want or zoom in. You can also rotate and flip the image to best suit your needs.
Being able to customize images on the Beaconstac dashboard will reduce your dependency on third-party apps. Also, it will save you time and effort.
How to Crop images
1. Create a new Markdown Card or use one of the templates
2. Upload your image
3. Customize the image and select ‘Crop’
Your preview will look like this
How to rotate images
1. Upload your image
2. Click on ‘Rotate left’ or ‘Rotate right’
3. Crop the image if you need to or select ‘Close’. This is what your preview will look like.
How to flip images
1. Upload your image
2. Select Flip horizontal or vertical
3. Click on Crop or Close without Cropping. Here is a glimpse of what your preview will look like.
Update #2: Export Analytics
Campaign analytics is vital in determining how well your campaign is doing. It can also help you fine-tune your campaign depending on the notifications sent and the current CTR.
On the Beaconstac dashboard, you can see all of your beacon analytics on a daily, weekly or monthly basis. You can also set a custom date to see how the campaign has been performing.
There was no way to see how the campaign is doing on an hourly basis. To resellers and marketers, this is crucial data as it can impact the CTR and improve engagement, customer loyalty, and retention.
But, with this new feature, you can now export your analytics to a CSV Sheet and get the hourly play-by-play of how your campaign is doing.
Why did we add this feature?
Beacon Analytics is critical in understanding which strategies work and which don’t. A more detailed analysis helps you do a deep dive into what needs changing and how to leverage the technology to your advantage. This is an important feature, especially for resellers who want to present their data to their clients more effectively.
How to Export the Analytics
1. Select Analytics from the left-hand panel
2. Click on Export and a pop-up window will open up.
3. Select the date range from the options: ‘today’, ‘yesterday’, ‘last 30 days’, or ‘last 90 days’ or a custom date.
4. A new pop-up window will appear. Click on Select organizations. Select one or several organizations as per your needs.
5. Click on ‘Select beacons’ to choose which beacons you want the analytics for. Remove/Add beacons as per your needs (all beacons are added by default).
6. Finally, click on Export.
7. You will see a message saying ‘An email to (your email ID) will be sent once we process your request.’
8. This is a sample of what the detailed analytics report will look like.
Stay tuned for further updates in the upcoming months.
Is there an update that you’d like to see? Sound off in the comments below.
With all the short-term challenges that retailers and brands face – health and safety, decreased labor force and consumer demand, one solution that has consistently proven to be effective is contactless or zero-touch marketing strategies.
As businesses and organizations prepare themselves to flatten the curve and curb the spread of COVID-19, reduced manpower, postponed or canceled events and overall uncertainty have emerged as unwavering issues.