21 Mobile Commerce Statistics Every Consumer Brand Should Know
April 1, 2014
Mobile commerce accounted for nearly one-fourth of all e-commerce sales in 2013. According to a recent report by Goldman Sachs, there will be as much mobile commerce in 2018 as e-commerce in 2013.
Increasing smartphone adoption and the rise of mobile commerce is changing the way people research and buy. A recent Google study in partnership with Nielsen revealed that smartphone users spend as much as 15+ hours a week researching products on their phones. Yet, many brands fail to realize the potential of mobile and are only focused on improving their e-commerce store. Here are 21 recent stats on mobile commerce that will change the way you look at mobile commerce.
1. In 2013, U.S. mobile commerce sales grew 63% to $34.2 billion – Gartner (Tweet this stat)
2. By 2015, 81% of all U.S. cell phone users will have smartphones -Invesp (Tweet this stat)
3. 78% of smartphone users access a retailer’s website through a mobile app – comScore (Tweet this stat)
4. Traffic from mobile devices accounted for nearly 40% of total online shopping visits on Black Friday in 2013 – Business Insider (Tweet this stat)
5. 51% of Facebook referrals for publishers come from mobile – Mashable (Tweet this stat)
Check out the slide deck below for the rest of the stats.