Calling app developers: Build mobile commerce apps with the MobStac iOS SDK
May 26, 2014
In the fast-moving mobile world, one thing is for certain: consumers have come to expect an app for everything. From reading the news, to finding the best restaurants, to shopping for apparel, smartphone users these days start with a search on the app store to find an app that will do exactly what they want.
If you are in the online or offline retail business and don’t yet have iOS or Android apps to serve your customers, chances are that you’re planning to get them out soon.
But as you start on the process of working on your app, it is likely that you will run into many of the numerous challenges that many mobile commerce app developers face today:
– Lack of REST APIs for product catalog queries and inventory management in existing commerce backends
– No shopping cart and payment APIs to enable seamless 1-click purchases
– No way to enable location-based (GPS) searches of the product catalog
– Difficult to enable single sign-on across the mobile app & desktop website
– No SDK support from the backend and having to write native iOS & Android code
Over the past few months, the MobStac product team has been working on addressing, through our platform, precisely these and other fundamental challenges that stem from using backends that were built only to serve desktop websites.
Today, we’re announcing the public beta release of the MobStac iOS SDK that opens up the power of the MobStac commerce platform to iOS developers through the release of a fully native SDK & set of backend services that allow rapid development of beautiful mobile commerce apps.
Our developer portal also has a dedicated page for feedback – please be sure to post any questions, comments, or concerns, so that we can listen to you and work to incorporate your feedback into the product.